The Silver Surfer was born Norrin Radd on the planet Zenn-La, part of an extremely long-lived and technologically advanced humanoid race which had created a worldwide utopia devoid of crime, disease, hunger, poverty, and want of any kind. When a menacing alien spacecraft pierced Zenn-La's long-neglected defense systems, a Council of Scientists member provided him with a spaceship to confront the invader; Galactus, the world devourer.
Radd offered to become his herald and seek out new worlds for him to sate his hunger in exchange for Galactus sparing Zenn-La. Galactus agreed, transforming Radd into a silver-skinned, cosmic-powered super-being patterned after an adolescent fantasy plucked from Norrin's memories. To provide him with a mode of transport, Galactus fashioned a cosmic board that resembled a surfboard, out of a creation of his own. The surfboard has been linked to the Silver Surfer ever since, and has always found its way back to its master, despite having been stolen by Doctor Doom, on one occasion.
The Silver Surfer's board is a construct of unknown materials created by the Surfer's former master Galactus. The surfboard is covered with the same silvery glaze that the Surfer's body is covered with, making the surfboard impervious to virtually all forms of physical damage. Few forces short of the cosmic power of Galactus could affect the board at all.
- The surfboard able to manipulate reflected light in order to "charade" its messages.
- It finds being atomized and reconstructed highly unpleasant.
- Silver Surfer's Surfboard's Appearances
- Silver Surfer's Surfboard's Minor Appearances
- Media Silver Surfer's Surfboard Mentions
- Vehicle Gallery: Silver Surfer's Surfboard
- Images that include Silver Surfer's Surfboard