The Shi'ar Empire is a vast intergalactic empire that rules a million worlds. It is an aggressively expansionist empire whose religion tells the Shi'ar to "marry" other cultures, by force if necessary, to become stronger. The empire is ruled by an autocratic imperial government headed by the Majestor (male) or Majestrix (female) who is advised by a High Council made up of selected worlds. Conquered worlds are permitted to self-govern within limits given by the empire.
Humankind has been exposed to the existence of the Shi'ar Empire only very recently, and, as such, much of the empire's illustrious history is unknown to humanity. Only a select handful of people know the Empire even exists -- although the fate of the universe has hinged upon the inner workings of the government many times.
- Intergalactic Warp-Capable Starships: Ranging in size from small vessels to ships approximately 100 miles long (e.g. Apocalypse-class Behemoth).
- Teleportation Systems
- Holographic Technology
- Artificial Intelligence
- Stargates: Create stable wormholes for travel, either in a planet or in space.
- Force Fields
- Galactic-level Weapons: Super-powerful Nega-Bomb used to devastate a dwarf galaxy (the Greater Magellanic Cloud), the home galaxy of the Kree Empire during the rule of Majestrix Lilandra.
- Starkiller Weapons: Starcracker.
- Planet Killer Weapons: Lower-yield Nega-Bombs used to destroy individual Kree worlds during the reign of Majestro Vulcan.
- Warp-Capable Warships: Ranging in size from small starships to planetoid sized ships (the 38 mile long Starjammer and 100 mile long Apocalypse-class Behemoth). Some with incredible firepower (e.g gigaton-level plasma energy weapons that vaporize all within 100 miles and split the planetary crust).
- Armageddon-class Killstations: Orbital battle space stations.
- Combat Robots
- Flying Walker-Spacecraft: Spaceships with walker-like legs used on land.
- Armored Tracked Fighting Vehicles
- Plasma Energy Weapons: Used on starships and fire plasma bolts.
- Particle Beam Weapons Used on the Fearless-class Dreadnoughts.
- Fusion Space Mines
- Appearances of Shi'ar Empire
- Minor Appearances of Shi'ar Empire
- Media Shi'ar Empire was Mentioned in
- Images that include Shi'ar Empire
- Team Gallery: Shi'ar Empire
Links and References
- ↑ Marvel Encyclopedia #X-Men
- ↑ Starjammers #4
- ↑ Marvel Fact Files #38
- ↑ New X-Men #122
- ↑ Uncanny X-Men #481
- ↑ X-Men: Kingbreaker #4
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Uncanny X-Men #476
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 8.3 8.4 Uncanny X-Men #485
- ↑ X-Men #108
- ↑ X-Men #105
- ↑ Wonder Man #8-9
- ↑ Avengers #347
- ↑ War of Kings: Warriors #1
- ↑ War of Kings #2
- ↑ 15.0 15.1 Uncanny X-Men #157
- ↑ X-Men: Emperor Vulcan #1
- ↑ 17.0 17.1 War of Kings #4
- ↑ X-Men #135
- ↑ X-Men: Spotlight on...Starjammers #1
- ↑ Starjammers #1