Appearing in "The Zealous Advocate"Edit
- Daredevil (Matt Murdock)
- Law Offices of Jennifer Walters, PLLC
- Kristoff Vernard
- Rufus Randall (First appearance)
- Spider-Man (Peter Parker) (Recap)
- Black Cat (Felicia Hardy) (Recap)
- Doctor Druid (Anthony Ludgate Druid) (Photo)
- Tigra (Greer Grant-Nelson) (Photo)
- Pulsar (Monica Rambeau) (Photo)
- Shocker (Herman Schultz) (Photo)
- Nightwatch (Kevin Trench) (Photo)
- Vibro (Alton Vibereaux) (Photo)
- Wyatt Wingfoot (Photo)
Races and Species:
- Doctor Doom's Armor (Main story and flashback)
Synopsis for "The Zealous Advocate"Edit
After Doctor Doom kidnapped Kristoff Vernard during his asylum trial, She-Hulk has been stewing in anger. To make matters worse, Angie Huang informs her that the Latverian Franc's that Kristoff paid her in were confiscated by the bank due to the fact that they are considered illegal tender. It's then that Jennifer decides to take some time off and get some legal advice from another lawyer. Jennifer flies to San Francisco to get advice from Matt Murdock, aka Daredevil. He takes her to the top of the Golden Gate Bridge to see the sights. He explains that this wide open space is like heaven for his radar senses. However, he admits that he misses New York, his life had taken a strange turn for the better after he was disbarred when his identity was revealed. Jen gets down to business and explains how her attempt to get Kristoff asylum went and asks if she should go to Latveria and liberate him. Matt relates to how he recently represented Felicia Hardy on a murder trial as Matt Murdock. However, as Daredevil he helped Spider-Man break into Ryker's Prison and get the evidence needed to clear Felicia's name. Ultimately, Matt tells her, that she has to determine if she wants to go because for the benefit of Kristoff, or for herself. After going on patrol with Daredevil, She-Hulk thanks him for his advice.
Instead of flying back to New York, Jennifer travels to Latveria instead. Once she arrives in the country she waits until nightfall to try and break Kristoff out of Castle Doom. Smashing her way into the castle she is opposed by an army of Doombots and easily trounces them. When the reinforcements begin flying in, she uses a mortar cannon to blast them out of the sky. By this point, Doctor Doom is aware of her presence and confronts her in a massive suit of robotic armor. Caught in the She-Hulk's grasp, she convinces him that she has come for Kristoff's best interests and asks if he cares about them. Doom is offended, but his outrage allows her to break free from his grasp. She then explains how Kristoff doesn't want to rule in his place. Doom asks Kristoff if this is true. His son explains that he knows his father would not let anyone else rule in his place, why would his son be any lest. This convinces Doom to let Kristoff leave Latveria and find his destiny elsewhere but orders him to take She-Hulk with him immediately. As they depart, She-Hulk asks if Kristoff can pay her in anything but Latverian Francs. Unfortunately, he does not, which she is less than enthusiastic about hearing.
Back in Brooklyn, Jennifer calls a meeting with Angie and Patsy Walker. She tells both of them of the trouble she has paying them at this present moment. Their meeting is interrupted by Rufus Randall, a local inventor who rents an office in the same building. He apologizes for interrupting but wanted somewhere to test his latest invention as he is not allowed to test it in his lab because his colleague thinks it is dangerous. When he accidentally blows a hole through an empty chair, Rufus decides to leave the women as they were. Getting back to business, Jennifer decides that it is time to solve the blue file case once and for all. She details how it is a lawsuit filed by one George Saywitz of North Dakota and named She-Hulk, Wyatt Wingfoot, Doctor Druid, the Shocker, Tigra, Pulsa, Nightwatch, and Vibro as defendants. She can't remember anything that might tie her into all of this, but has a feeling that whatever it is, it is important.
- Matt Murdock publicly revealed himself as Daredevil and was disbarred from practicing law in New York in Daredevil Vol 3 #36. He moved to San Francisco in Daredevil Vol 4 #1.
- Matt relates to the time he represented Felicia Hardy. That happened in Amazing Spider-Man #677 and Daredevil Vol 3 #8.
• Jen's new client Kristoff Vernard has been kidnapped by his dad, DOCTOR DOOM!
• What does fellow lawyer (and recently outted Man Without Fear) MATT MURDOCK know about it?
• It's an international jailbreak, She-Hulk Style, as Charles Soule (INHUMANITY) and Javier Pulido (HAWKEYE) take us to Latverian soil!
- No trivia.
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|