PantheonList of Pantheons)
A counterpart to Earth within another dimension that never diverged from this dimension's Earth, but has somehow come to resemble this Earth in various ways. No known other-dimensional Earth in this multiverse has yet been identified as a parallel Earth rather than a divergent Earth, and no true parallel Earths may exist within this multiverse.
A world which exists in a dimension in a space equivalent to that occupied by a world in another dimension, and whose reality never diverged from that of this other dimension. Just as parallel lines never meet, by definition, neither do parallel worlds. Compare with alternate Earth, alternate world, divergent Earth.
When used as a verb, a term meaning to pass through another object through altering the synchronization of the atoms of the object passing through with the atoms of the object being passed through.
With the clarity of a photograph or like a photograph.
A super-heated state of matter consisting of charged subatomic particles.
Also called pocket-universe. A universe whose size is far more limited than that of the Earth dimension.
The Elders of the Universe refer to the power they possess as the Power Primordial. It seems to be the use of cosmic energy similar to the Power Cosmic.
(See Also: Power Primordial)
[top] [Edit Power Primordial]
Precognition or Clairvoyance are the ability to perceive information about future places or events before they happen. It is done by mentally scanning the various alternate futures, rather than using deduction based on current knowledge. Clairvoyance can also be used in the present and past times.
Clairvoyance (from 17th century French Clair meaning "clear" and voyant meaning "seeing") is a supposed form of extra-sensory perception claiming the transference of information about an object, location or physical event through means other than the known human senses. A being who possesses precognition or clairvoyance is sometimes called a precog (with or without an hyphen) or a clairvoyant.
Occurrence in population
In the midst of the T-Cloud/M-Pox crisis, the emergence of the Inhuman precognitive Ulysses Cain and his use in adverting crisis was the basis of a rift in the superhuman community, including a conflict due to the defiance of Magneto towards the Inhumans' use of that new asset.
Predicting which one of these futures one is likely to experience can never be done with perfect accuracy, since reality must diverge in order for there to be alternate futures, and hence, there will be divergent counterpart of the predictor in each of these alternate futures. Sometimes precognition is only expressed in vague dreams while asleep, other times it is clear and occurs at will and when awake. The ability to sense danger before it happens is also a precognitive ability (albeit minor), such as Spider-Man's Spider-Sense. This power is closely related to Psychometry.
Forms and Types of Extra-Sensory Perception
- Precognition: The ability to see in the future.
- Clairvoyance: The ability to see in the future, in the past, and/or in the present in a way impossible to classic senses.
- Psychometry: The ability to see the past and/or the future of a being, a place, an object...
- Enhanced Intuition: Get a "feeling" about certain things or people, seeing into one's very soul or detecting certain danger.
Please find the full list of precogs here.
- Captain Marvel
- Franklin Richards
- The Living Brain
- Jean Grey
Please find the full list of clairvoyants here.
- Madame Web (Cornwall)
- High Evolutionary
- Grim Reaper
- Madame Web (Webb)
Please find the full list of psychometrics here.
- Rachel Grey
- Supreme Intelligence
- Doctor Strangefate
- ↑ Wolverine Vol 3 #22
- ↑ New X-Men Vol 2 #38
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Amazing Spider-Man #210
- ↑ Civil War II: Ulysses Infinite Comic #1
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Heroic Age: X-Men #1; Blindfold's entry
- ↑ Civil War II #1
- ↑ Civil War II #2
- ↑ Civil War II: X-Men #1
- ↑ X-Men #141
- ↑ Generation X #49
An artificial replacement for a missing limb or other body part. If the prosthetic part simulates all of the functions (or more) of the natural part, it is called bionic.
(Short for psionic or psychic.) The term for any and all extrasensory and extraphysical powers stemming from the mind, specifically astral projection, clairvoyance, empathy, levitation, precognition, psychokinesis/telekinesis, telepathy, and teleportation.
Psions or Psionic Energy is the type of energy used by telepaths, or to mechanical means to stimulate the natural psionic powers. All the living beings produce Psions and only a few can detect this energy. The mutant Charles Xavier created Cerebro to enhance his already powerful telepathic abilities. The machine allowed him to monitor the entire planet and detect the specific mutant psionic signatures. Being such as the Phoenix Force and Shadow King are Psionic Entities, being made out of Psions. Psionic beings or telepaths Astral Projecting in their Astral Form can enter the Astral Plane, a dimension made of Psions.
An adjective referring to Psions, to the powers or energies based on psions (e.g., psionic powers, psionic energy), or to mechanical means to stimulate the natural psi powers. Abbreviated to psi only when describing the powers.
Characters who can exist solely as a non-corporeal psionic entity completely lacking a body. Can usually possess the bodies of others.
An adjective referring to the psi powers.
The ability to psychically project thoughts into the minds of others, and otherwise seduce subjects. Also called Subliminal Seduction, Psychic Seduction or just Seduction
One with this ability can project sexual thoughts to the minds of others, can speak with subliminal seductive power behind each word, and stimulate the brain's pleasure centers by touch, voice or thought. This can be used to attract and seduce any subject one desires, because the subject receiving the thoughts would believe they were the ones thinking them.
- Hypnotism, also called Hypnosis is the psychic ability to put one into a trance-like state of extreme suggestibility. A common way of employing this ability is the use of a hypnotic voice (this is the normal), or the use of a hypnotic medium, which lulls the subject into a drowsy or sleep-like trance accompanied by extreme suggestibility. However, hypnosis (or a similar hypnotic effect) can be achieved one of numerous other ways as well:
- Hypnotic Beauty, also known as Blinding Beauty is the ability to stun subjects with unnaturally good looks (trapping them in the thought of one’s beauty like a deer in headlights, similar to Mesmerization or Stupefaction). The user also tends to use their good looks for seductive purposes (often by somehow subliminally bringing attention to their aesthetically-pleasing features), to reach their goals. Not to mention, subliminal power allows them to be perceived as beautiful/handsome by all who look at them (even some perspicuous minds).
- Hypnotic Call, also known as Hypnotic Lure is the ability to draw subjects to the user without the use of music or otherwise lyrical undertones. First, the user subliminally sends out psychic energy that amplifies the hearing of subjects within a certain radius (while also catching their attention), then he calls out to them. That draws subjects to come to him (and to reach his destination by any means necessary, even if dangerous obstacles are in the way of the path which leads to the user). It can be used on multiple subjects at a time.
- Hypnotic Charm, also known as Charisma or Animal Magnetism is the ability to hypnotically cause subjects to like the user, trust him, respect him and become doting sycophants that will do anything to please him. This can inspire either like of an innocent sort (to make befriending people easier) or sexual desire, depending on the user’s age and will (and gender). Sometimes the user also exerts subliminal power by saying certain words (“like”, “love”, “want”, “desire”, “please”, “pleasure”, “happy”, more sexual terms and the like).
- Hypnotic Medium is the ability to channel one’s hypnotic powers through an object. The most common object to use is a pendulum with a jewel or gem on it (though other media can be used, even a pinwheel or the like). The gem channeling the user’s subliminal power, combined with the swinging of the pendulum (or whatever other medium), work together to induce a hypnotic trance of extreme suggestibility. This ability is often accompanied by the ability Hypnotic Stare and/or the ability Hypnotic Voice, for added trance-inducing effect.
- Hypnotic Song is the ability to vocally emit a beautiful song that entrances people and subliminally compels them to either follow any predetermined orders given by the user in the song, or to try to reach the source of the song, no matter what dangerous obstacles are in the way of the path (it may even just mesmerize a subject or make them want to dance). And if the ability belongs to a female user, it is not uncommon that the power will only work on males; if so, females will not even hear it, let alone fall prey to it (this faculty is called Siren Song).
- Hypnotic Stare or Hypnotic Gaze is the ability to place subjects into a hypnotic trance by looking them in the eyes. This seemingly-simple locking of gazes deactivates the inhibitions of subjects (thus placing them into a state of extreme suggestibility, while sometimes also producing mindless effects within the subject’s mind similar to the ability Mesmerization or Stupefaction) so the user can more easily command or compel them; this superhuman ability is often accompanied by Hypnotic Voice, to make the user’s hypnotism a bit more effective.
- Hypnotic Touch or Tactile Hypnosis is the ability to place subjects into a hypnotic trance by touching them. Through the same touch, the user delivers the geass for the subject to carry out; this method requires no overt vocalization (no message needs to be given out loud) and the geass lasts until the deed is carried out or until they are told to stop (or that they’ve completed the task).
- Hypnotic Voice is the ability to speak with a calm and soothing voice which places subjects into a state of extreme suggestibility; this is considered the normal hypnotism (as it is the most common) and it has effects which are capable of being mimicked or being learned by non-superhumans (although superhumans with this ability can perform it with far more ease, or they may have a permanently-hypnotic voice, so anything that they say can catch the attention of those within the user’s proximity and sound agreeable to those who hear him).
- One under the control of this ability could only perform the mental and physical faculties that he is able to do already, such as acting like a chicken or reliving old memories (no dying of one's own accord, controlling involuntary functions or holding one's breath for hours). However, this ability could be used for Post-Hypnotic Suggestion, so that the suggestion made during the hypnotism (called a geas or geass) works even after the trance is broken.
- Autohypnosis, also called Autohypnotism, Autosuggestion, Hypnotic Self-Control or Hypnotic Autosuggestion is the psychic ability to place oneself under hypnotic control. The user has their mind working as though the two subsections (the conscious mind and the subconscious mind) were two separate minds. The subconscious mind dominates the conscious mind, thus allowing one to hypnotize oneself into doing anything within physical and mental capability (even controlling one’s own memory and autonomic functions, or the like).
- Hypnotic Music, also called Hypnotizing Music or Hypnotic Composition is a variation of Hypnotism (namely, Hypnotic Song) in which the user channels his or her subliminal powers of hypnotic control (only the trance-inducing, not the commanding) through one’s music. This can be channeled through any instrument one plays (if one uses the voice, it is instead Hypnotic Song), as long as the music is played accurately. • Hypnotic Music, if no hypnotic geass or post-hypnotic suggestion is issued, will instead just cause the subject to dance mindlessly (un-distracted until, of course, the subject is incapacitated or the user finally gives a command).
- Trance Inducing is the psychic ability to induce an altered state of consciousness in subjects’ minds. This ability makes the subject’s minds significantly weaker, making Hypnotism, and other types of mental compulsion significantly easier. This ability could make foes more susceptible to mental domination or influence, or make allies more receptive to any mental abilities they might have .
- Hypnokinesis also known as Sleep Manipulation is the ability to manipulate sleep patterns. This can be used to induce instantaneous sleep on biotic subjects, or to induce perpetual insomnia (which is bad for your health). One with this ability can even remove the need to sleep from any biotic subject, or make them dreadfully tired all the time. One can also cause the subject to sleep forever in a comatose like state. One can even determine how deep a sleep or how long a sleep a person or people has.
The psi ability to move or manipulate physical matter without physically touching it. The word is synonymous with telekinesis, which has the added connotation of greater distance being involved between the matter being manipulated and the manipulator.
A theoretical particle discovered by Dr. Henry Pym that enables size changing and mass shunting.