Elder of the Universe
A sentient being who has survived the race (and usually the entire galaxy) in which he or she originated. Several such beings were been granted immortality by Death. These beings usually have an occupation, from which they take their name, to occupy themselves. Examples include the Collector, the Trader, and the Runner.
Having the capability to share the emotions of another through psychic means.
Energy blasts are various forms of energy that are expelled from the body.
These can be of varying types- Either a beam of force, which has the effect of a blunt object in affecting its target (as in Cyclops' optic blast), a beam of heat, or a magical beam which can have different effects depending on its user's wishes.
Energy Manipulation is the ability to control and generate various forms of energy.
- Energy Detection: The ability to detect energy signatures from great distances. This includes other mutants with energy powers and ships that use energy as a power supply.
- Energy Disruption: The ability to manipulate energy even if it does not originate from the user.
- Energy Self-Sustenance: Some energy manipulators appear capable of breathing in space. Though this ability seems to be limited, as if they don't rest or find power other then their own, power reserves will leave them seemingly depleted until they does.
- Flight The ability to fly and levitate using energy. Some are capable of interstellar flight (adding more energy to become increasingly fast, presumably sub-light or light speed).
- Power Suppression: The ability to override another's mutagenic aura, making them temporarily unable to use them. This is usually limited to only other energy-manipulators.
- Solid Energy Constructs/Simulated Telekinesis: The ability solidify energy into forcefields and other shapes. The effect of these energy constructs can be used to simulate a form of telekinesis by lifting and moving objects.
- Variable Energy Blasts: The ability to generate light, heat, force, and electricity or really any form of energy in the form of powerful blasts. These blasts are usually generated from the hands and eyes.
Known Energy Manipulators
The universal tendency for energy in a closed system to equalize. On a universe-wide scale, it is the inevitable degradation of matter and energy to an inert uniform state incapable of sustaining life.
(Extra-Sensory Perception) The psychic powers of telepathy, precognition, clairvoyance. A person who possesses ESP is called an esper. The spy organization SHIELD has employed an Esper Division.
The Essex Gene was discovered by Dr. Nathaniel Essex, it would later be known as the X-Gene. This gene is active in mutants and confers a potential for superhuman powers and abilities. Mutates also seem to have their Essex Gene triggered upon exposure.
A member of an evolutionary offshoot of humanity (and other races) created through experiments by the alien Celestials. Eternals have extraordinarily long life spans, are virtually indestructible, and possess superhuman physical and energy-manipulative powers.
(1.) A rigid framework inside which an organism's other components are contained. Examples include mollusks and insects, who are invertebrates (literally, spineless). Mammals and reptiles are vertebrates with interior skeletons.
(2.) A mechanical device that amplifies the strength of the user, who stands or sits in an open cabin. Such devices typically have two arms and/or two legs so that their operation is more intuitive.
The Extinction Gene, E-Gene, or Extinction Sequence is a hominid gene discovered by Doctor Hank McCoy in September 2001. According to him, it could turn on among the humans (Homo sapiens sapiens) and cause the extinction of the human race, in four generations; This race would be completely replaced by the mutants (Homo sapiens superior) because the number of this latter reached, at the beginning of the 21st century, a very important threshold.
E for Extinction
Cassandra Nova thought that this gene was responsible for the disappearance of Neanderthals (Homo sapiens neanderthalis), thirty thousand years earlier, when they were replaced by the humans. Not wanting to see the disappearance of the whole of Humanity, she decided to commit the Genosha Genocide to decrease the number of mutants on Earth (of more than sixteen million people).
The argument of the Extinction Gene was later used by Xorn, impersonating Magneto, during his take-over of Manhattan. In order to appease the relations between the humans and mutants, Henry McCoy presented himself to the U.S. President as the only one able to repair that gene and prevent humanity's extinction.
Fan-speculation or unreferenced material
The Genosha genocide isn't seen to have been sufficient to prevent the release of the E-Gene. On the contrary, this release seemed to be prevented only by the transformation of millions of mutants into humans by the Scarlet Witch in December of 2005. Until the number of mutants rises again it is unclear if the E-Gene will reappear in the human genome.
- ↑ New X-Men #129
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 New X-Men #147
- ↑ New X-Men #116
- ↑ New X-Men #114
- ↑ New X-Men #150
- ↑ Secrets of the House of M #1; Stephen Strange's entry
- ↑ House of M #8
(1.) A being from a dimension other than that of the Earth. (2.) Of or having to do with a dimension other than that of the Earth.
(1.) A being from a world in this dimension other than Earth. (2.) Of or having to do with a world in this dimension other than Earth.