When Al Harper was out collecting rocks in the woods one day, an unconscious Silver Surfer fell out of the sky and landed at his feet. Al carried him to his cabin, and laid him in a bed until the Surfer came to.
When Al learned of the barrier around the planet, preventing the Surfer from escaping, he offered to help. He designed a device to simultaneously mask the Surfer's molecular structure, and confuse the barrier. Before the device could be fully tested, the Stranger appeared and declared his intention to destroy all life on the planet with a Null-Life Bomb.
Al and the Surfer quickly switch tasks. Luckily, Al had modified a Geiger scope to react to unearthly substances. While the Surfer fought with the Stranger, Al found the bomb. As he tried to disarm the bomb, he discovered that any tampering caused it to release a smoky, acidic vapor. He continued disarming the bomb, despite the risk to his own life.
Al saved humanity at the cost of his own life. Once he was buried by his fellow humans, the Surfer lit a fire over the grave, which he proclaimed would burn as long as the Earth endured.
Al is the first human the Surfer allowed on his Surfboard.
- 2 Appearances of Alvin Bernard Harper (Earth-616)
- 1 Minor Appearances of Alvin Bernard Harper (Earth-616)
- Media Alvin Bernard Harper (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- Images featuring Alvin Bernard Harper (Earth-616)
- Quotations by or about Alvin Bernard Harper (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Alvin Bernard Harper (Earth-616)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|